College of Education Graduate Employees
Current openings for Graduate Employee (GE) positions are offered by departments, administrative offices or research units. In mid-February, you will find information including position descriptions, information on eligibility, selection criteria and process, and application forms and instructions. All GE positions are posted for two weeks prior to the committee reviewing applications. GE selection processes are quite competitive as these positions are in high demand. In order to ensure consideration students are encourage to apply within the first two weeks of a position being posted. Availability of GE positions is dependent on funding.
You may apply to multiple GE openings with the same on-line form. Please read the description of each posting carefully.
Only complete applications will be considered. Email notification will be sent upon receipt of application.
If you already have established an application account with this site, LOGIN to start or update your application
For all GE positions in the College of Education, eligible students are those who:
- Have been admitted to a degree-granting graduate program at the University of Oregon
- Are maintaining satisfactory progress toward their degree (see GDRS link below for details)
Criteria upon which Applicants are ranked
- Academic credentials
- Recommendations from academic or work supervisor
- Previous experience
- Additional qualifications as cited in the individual GE position postings
- Additional preferences as cited in the individual GE position postings
A number of positions are reserved for incoming doctoral students in order to recruit students with exceptional capabilities or perspectives.
The following materials are used to assess each applicant on the basis of the above-listed criteria:
- Electronic application information, including statement of qualification for position
- CV or Resume
- Professional references (application will require 3 professional reference and their contact information)
In addition to the above criteria and preferences the following will be considered when making specific assignments: The availability to work during expected work hours, required coursework that conflicts with GE work hours or locations, and specific qualifications cited in the GE position postings.